Peace Tree Brewing Company
Job Title : Packaging Tech
Job Type : Full-Time
Location: Knoxville, Iowa
Job Summary :
- Fold six pack cartons and mother boxes
- Carefully package beer into bottles, kegs and boxes
- Record the production
- Palletize the beer
- Correctly move, store and inventory the beer
- Clean packaging area
- Other maintenance duties as assigned to fulfill full-time position
- Assist area lead with setup, shutdown, cleaning and operating of packaging machinery.
- Work alone or with others to fill and/or package products.
- Perform duties on the packaging line to prepare and pack materials as needed.
- Clean and sanitize work areas, machines, and equipment as needed or directed.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with work groups to ensure completion of tasks and projects.
- Must be willing to learn to drive a forklift.
- Recognize low fills and improperly filled/packaged product.
- Attendance and punctuality are important to ensure the bottling schedule stays on track.
- Know proper and safe operations of every machine on the packaging line.
- Follow all safety rules.
- Be able to locate Start & Stop buttons including emergency stops on every machine.
- Ensure the cleanliness of all packaging equipment & packaging area.
- Assist all other packaging employees in their daily task to ensure that packaging continues in a smooth fashion.
- Make Brewmaster immediately aware of any process and or packaging problems, or any machine malfunction.
- Deal with all problems in a calm professional manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to work hard for long periods of time.
- Must want to work in a brewery.
- Previous brewery or production line experience preferred.
- Enthusiastic and Positive Attitude
- Must be a self starter and motivated to work
- Ability to work in a moderate noise level.
- Ability to work on your feet 8 hours at a time
- Repeatedly lift cases (34lbs) and kegs (30 lbs empty or up to 162lbs full) of beer in a consistent and safe manner
- Work in extreme temperatures
- Work in a wet environment
- Safely handle chemicals and solvents
- Good observation and analytical skills
- Ability to accurately follow instructions and take direction
- Ability to respond to frequently changing production pressures
- Ability to work effectively and cohesively within the production department
Peace Tree Brewing Company is growing and changing fast, providing opportunities for advancement within. Because of demand for our product and our commitment to quality we have high expectations of our staff but the reward is working in one of the most exciting industries in Iowa. Job Includes medical, retirement and vacation benefits.
If interested, please fill out a Peace Tree Employment Application and email it to email@example.com.
Printable Job Description: Packaging Tech Description