Position: Taproom Manager, Grinnell
Description: Manage all aspects of the Grinnell Branch operations to provide an excellent taproom experience for our guests and staff. This position will oversee operations as well as actively bartend and serve customers.
Key job responsibilities include:
- Balance cash drawer, make deposits, disperse gratuity to staff
- Respond to email, telephone and mail inquiries
- Sweep floors, dust, wipe tables, empty dishwasher
- Organize and restock merchandise as needed
- Update social media sites (As needed or in conjunction with Retail Manager and Marketing Associate)
- Assist daytime customers
- Communicate with staff on weekly events, new beers
- Clean bathrooms and mop floors. Clean kitchen.
- Inventory and order kegs and cases for taproom through H&F and Peace Tree
- Stock keg fridge with backup kegs
- Clean tap lines anytime a new beer is added. Clean all tap lines on bi-weekly basis.
- Update menu boards as needed
- Inventory food items and send to Retail Manager for order
- Inventory and purchase cleaning and taproom supplies (toilet paper, towels, soaps, etc.)
- Track sales on Square
- Update items on Square
- Update online beer menu changes
- Plan taproom events (food pairings, education, activities) to drive in new business
- Print and display event posters for bathrooms and display case
- Account for gift cards and coupons redeemed
- Collect time-off requests and write employee schedule for following month
- Train taproom staff on new beers and procedures
- Fill in for taproom shifts as needed
- Provide content for monthly newsletter to Marketing Associate
- Inventory merchandise (clothing, glassware, growlers, etc.) for Retail Manager to reorder
- Check in merchandise shipments and verify with order
- Update table tent beer and event menus
- Manage list of Tree House members, print new membership cards, contact expiring members
- Set up taproom for private rentals
- Develop relationships in the community to build the Peace Tree Brand and business
- Seasonal/holiday decor in taproom
- Issue employee gift cards
- Plan and execute larger annual events in conjunction with Retail Manager
- Deeper cleaning: Clean ceiling fans and vents, change furnace filters, etc.
- Keep up general maintenance of facility
Qualifications and Education
- Self-motivation and ability to work with limited amount of direction; ability to work both independently and within a team to accomplish goals.
- Strong sense of urgency and commitment to achieving results.
- Strong judgment and professional maturity.
- Excellent problem solving skills; mathematical proficiency.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to speak in front of large groups, conduct staff trainings and evening functions.
- Two years minimum experience working in the craft beer industry and in retail service.
- Certified Cicerone or similar training preferred
- Valid Driver’s license and Clean Driving Record and reliable vehicle
- Ability to use basic computer functions including email, Google calendars and proprietary software programs
- Live within market area and able to reach Grinnell branch within 20 minutes
- Ability to work flexible schedule including nights and weekends
- Willingness to have fun and meet new people
- Ability to Lift 40 lbs. and move 160 lbs. safely
Compensation & Benefits:
Peace Tree Brewing Company offers an hourly rate of pay based on experience as well as:
- Health insurance
- Mileage reimbursement
- Retirement plan with a company match
- Paid vacation with additional PTO
- Monthly Beer Allotment
All interested candidates can send a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com.